The blockchain space is a relatively new space that continues to evolve faster than anyone can acclimate to it. This high barrier of knowledge and technicality is one of the reasons many potential users have failed to enter and continue to participate within the space.
The blockchain is more than a financial system, just as every blockchain innovation is not a payment solution; it is a structure built on tenets of decentralization to support innovative solutions to traditional problems.
Forward Protocol is committed to its mission to develop the ultimate blockchain adoption solution delivered through a user-friendly interface. Forward Protocol is building the infrastructure to allow any user to participate in the global blockchain ecosystem without any technical knowledge.
The project is also developing a network of blockchain solutions to allow protocol users to seamlessly access the blockchain solutions they need without stepping out of the secure, stable, and user-friendly interface that attracted them in the first place.
In the last few months, our project has made significant forward steps towards full functionality with our infrastructure. Find the details of the full report below -
Updates for End Users
One of the core tenets of Forward is finally presenting a relatable user interface for every user. We made huge strides towards delivering the “UI of the blockchain.”
- Clean new interface for user registration and login
- Users can register and sync their social media handles or personal emails
- Reactive dashboard with a seamless flow for developers and users to access features. For instance, they can now easily access features like the factory wizard, marketplace, personal app page, profile page, template builder, ticketing system, support/self-guide documents, community forums, etc.
- New Factory wizard lets users import .sol contracts and applications smartly compile, parse, and present various functions pulled directly from the contract.
- Profile page features default wallets, KYC information, general application settings, and payment details.
Updates for Developers
Forward Protocol’s smart contract library is open-course, thus inviting all developers to upload their work and share it with the Blockchain community. The library’s smart contracts allow developers to deploy on the existing infrastructure without testing, building, and deploying from the ground up.
Some of the latest updates on this front include -
- The wizard displays API and bytecode for the convenience of the developer.
- The enhanced compiler now handles contracts larger than the market standard and Etherscan size limits. By non-standard inheritance, aka flattening.
- Wizard allows developers to customize functions, constructors, and inputs through new naming conventions, which in turn allows the drag-and-drop feature of those functions.
- With the drag-and-drop functions, the system automatically imports them into a template builder in which the developer can create an easy-to-use interface for a user to interact with or purchase on the marketplace.
- The template builder allows for seamless website/application development with import functionality, an extensive library of inbuilt CSS tags, and automatic formatting similar to conventional free-form website-building applications with the added benefit of including linkage to the aforementioned smart contracts.
- Once a template is available, the wizard facilitates contract deployment on over 400 EVM-compatible networks and the ability to add other networks for individual testing (provided the developer has added the network to the chainlist).
- The developer can now select between single-use applications inbuilt into our platform or the ability to launch with their own subdomain with an accompanying custom website, all generated automatically by the wizard, with no code required.
- The marketplace ‘earn’ functionality: Once the developer has selected the type and cost of the application, it is then listed on the marketplace for end users to purchase and add to their application page or launch as their own website.
- The application page allows for quick access to both single-use applications and websites for customization.
- The new ticketing system allows testers and platform users to report bugs or request features for the platform.
- The community page, news feed section, and advertising board give developers and users quick access to cryptocurrency news, new coins placed on the marketplace, and general community updates.
The Road Ahead
The product development team is progressing toward our collective goal to present the blockchain on a user-friendly interface while ensuring security, stability, and flexibility for ecosystem users.
We are currently in the final phase to -
- Implement blockexplorer using blockscout CDN. Make sure blockscout is connected to the current goeth.
- Support EIP2535 Diamond contract.
- Support other native Assembly compilers (Go, Haskell, Rust, Python, and NodeJS) languages.
You can also join our community on social media to interact with other Forwardians and get the latest technical updates on our progress.
About Forward Protocol — Forward Protocol uses an easy-to-use WordPress-like model to facilitate a no-code environment that users can use to deploy their dApps, subnets and blockchains without technical knowledge. Applications and smart contracts from Forward Protocol can be deployed on any EVM & Rust compatible chain in one click. Forward Protocol is cross-chain compatible, industry-agnostic, and adoption-focused, with an ultimate goal to fast-track mass adoption of Blockchain Technology.